According to Article 19 of the Republic of Indonesia Government Regulation Number 9 Year 1975 concerning the Implementation of Law Number 1 Year 1974 concerning Marriage, divorce can occur for reasons or reasons:
- One of the parties commits adultery or becomes a drunkard, a junkie, gambler and others who are difficult to be cured;
- One of the parties leaves the other party for 2 (two) consecutive years without the permission of the other party and without valid reasons or for other reasons beyond its capabilities;
- One of the parties receives 5 (five) years imprisonment sentence or heavier sentence after the marriage has taken place;
- One party commits cruelty or serious maltreatment which endangers the other party;
- One of the parties has a physical disability or disease resulting in not being able to carry out his obligations as husband / wife;
- Between husband and wife there are constant quarrels and fights and there is no hope of living in harmony again in the household.
Consult your problem with us to find out more about divorce in Indonesia.